Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Leading Ladies

I call it a small miracle when a man gets to see himself grow. I was informed by my previous blog hosts that they'd be shutting down, so I quickly extracted the few articles or write-ups (or whatever these are called) from the site. I decided it'd be nice to put them up here, but a few of them had to go, cause they didn't sound like something you'd be interested in reading.

Now, it wasn't my tone or style of writing, but what I chose to blog about. Some may at this point refer to "Head vs. Heart" as too personal, but the real message is not in the storytelling... Nevertheless,

Hello People,

How've you been. I received a message a short time ago concerning a very popular and prominent female leader in the Gospel community. It was reported that she had been beaten by her husband, another prominent man of God, a third generation bishop in fact (his father and grandfather before him had been bishops). The police had to get involved because the assault took place in public- outside a mall.

According to the article, this televangelist, popularly addressed as Prophetess, had been beaten black and blue by her own husband, with welts and bruises on her body. She has been, for a long time, a pillar of hope and a source of strength to many women all around the world through life changing books, messages, crusades, seminars and workshops.

Few days later I heard about another televangelist as successful and popular as the first. She and her husband announced that they were getting a divorce, but would remain in their respective leadership roles; she, her television ministry and he, the church.

I'm not passionately hung up on pastors and ministers except they're my local or senior pastors, whom I have had the chance to know personally, so I wasn't shattered by this news. However, knowing that there would be many people who'd be dissapointed and want answers to their questions, I decided to write this to encourage everyone who might feel bad or think differently about the kingdom of God on hearing such news.

Truth is, whatever happens doesn't change the fact that these people are human and subject to the same challenges we face; maybe more because they lead complicated lives. So, we owe them our prayers for all the benefits we enjoy through their ministry.

Secondly, if our focus is more on them as our source of inspiration, rather than God, then we're bound for heartbreak. Many women are probably wondering: "If these high profile women of God are failing in their marriages, what hope do we learning ladies have?" Well, they may be role models, but they're never perfect. Everything you hope for should only be in God; only He can supply you with virtues you need for a successful marriage and the kind of husband that's just right for you and is committed to you in all manners of speaking.

And if you find yourself, for whatever reason, in such a predicament, dont just sit there. Stand up, dust yourself up and get moving! Your life consists of much more than you see. Keep doing the right thing and in time, you'll experience the changes you desire. You're no better than any other lady, but something makes you different. Find out what makes you stand out and build it uo. It may be a gift, your children, a job... Once you keep up the positive attitude you derive from your areas of strength and appropriate it to all other areas, your whole life will begin to radiate the joy and strength within you...

Well, ladies, pray for the best and strive to be the best in all you do. But!... a scripture in the Bible I once read comes to mind "...I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy..." I just hope in my case it's me He has mercy on, and that all the sacrifices made and seeds sown dont go to waste for these and other remarkable women like you and me who face challenges.

Diva.

1 comment:

  1. "YANTAN"
    Thank you so much man...lady. Lol. I appreciate it n hope to keep you all loving it.
    Omoye.

    ReplyDelete