Monday, October 22, 2012

Hello guys,

Sincere apologies for the long silence. I've been up and down the place. The poem I'm about to share was written two years ago, during rehearsals for Oluronbi. My scene wasn't for a long while and incidentally, inspiration set in. Here goes:



I'm strong enough to look my pain in the eye and take a wise decision.

I'm bold enough to be vulnerable, yet leave my core of steel intact.

I'm wise enough to leave a foolish past for a glorious future.

I'm foolish enough to love till it hurts, yet wise enough to recover and fall back in.

I'm beautiful enough to hope that someone, somewhere will see beyond my foreskin.

I'm sick enough to need healing, yet healed enough to know that I'll be fine again.

I'm young enough to veer off course, chasing my dreams. When or if I do give up, I trust you'll give me a ride back 'home'.

Frail enough are my bones, if broken twice. Frailer still, my heart after each disappointment.

We say, Enough is enough, again and again. Yet we give them a break, time after time.















I'm ambitious enough to want the treasure of my destiny, but patient enough to actually live out that destiny.

I know enough to know that he'll never come back, but Hopeful enough to desire/wish for a miracle.

I'm Pretty enough to draw any man's eyes, but Beautiful enough to search, discover how to keep his heart.

I'm Crazy enough to walk outside butt naked, but not Stupid enough to do it in winter.....

I'm hungry enough to make a compromise, but I'm rich! Rich enough to know I deserve better.

I want you to like me, I'm a conformist. But not enough to do so at the expense of conviction.

I'm proud enough to walk tall and proud, but modest enough to lower my eyes at his gaze.

I must be the person I have never had the courage to be.... Me. Omoyemwense Omoze Osarumwense Uzamere. 

And that is enough.


[THE END]


No comments:

Post a Comment